The XML has a field called 'pickup', but the DS in the RPG has a field
called 'pickups' - could that be it?

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 7:23 AM, RPGLIST <rpglist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Jon, I'll take a look at it.

You should be able to deal with this by using %Handler and processing a
load at a time. That removes the 999 X at the top level.

This article describes your scenario and how to handle it.
http://www.mcpressonline.com/rpg/handling-xml-into-problems.html

On 2013-08-21, at 10:16 AM, "RPGLIST" <rpglist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Barbara,
I finally found an opportunity to get back to this project.

Here is the sample xml doc I'm using:

<loads>
<load>
<shipper>Acme Metal</shipper>
<consignee>Derringer Steel</consignee>
<pickup>Norfolk</pickup>
<pickup>Omaha</pickup>
</load>
</loads>

I have it loaded on the IFS, not that it should really matter at this
point...

The following is my RPG code:

0001.07 D load_t ds qualified template
0001.08 D dim(999)
0001.09 D Shipper 20
0001.10 D Consignee 20
0001.11 D pickups 20 dim(999)
0001.12 D Num_Pickups 10i 0
0001.13
0001.14 Dloads ds qualified
0001.15 D Load like(load_t) dim(999)
0001.17 d num_load 10i 0
0001.18
0008.00 Dfile s 100a varying
0009.00 DOpts s 100a varying
0009.01 DMyTest s 20a
0009.02 DLo s 5 0
0010.00
0010.02
0011.00 /Free
0011.01 file = '/testxmlfile.xml';
0011.02 Opts = 'countprefix=num_ doc=file case=any';
0011.03
0011.05
0011.06 xml-into loads %xml(file: opts);
0011.07 for lo = 1 to loads.Num_Load;
0011.08 MyTest = Loads.load(lo).shipper;
0011.09 endfor;
0011.11
0011.12 *inlr = *on;
0012.00 /End-Free

When I try to compile its throwing me an entirely new error:

*RNF0376 30 2 The data item is larger than the maximum of
16,773,104
byte

There are others but this one I'm not sure how to fix....
I suppose I could lower the max stops to 99, I don't see anyone making
1,000 stops between point A and point B, but I suppose if someone wanted
truck to make daily deliveries for two years it would be possible :)

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com