James,

Assuming this is occurring in JDBCR4, you can eliminate the stack trace and the 10 second pause by commenting-out these two lines of code in the jni_checkError() subprocedure of JDBCR4:

ExceptionDescribe(JNIENV_P);
sleep(10);

Or, you could put in an IF statement to have it only run these under certain circumstances, or whatever works best for you.

I personally like having these in the code because otherwise when something fails, I can't tell for the life of me what the problem is... the user calls and says "it didn't work", and I don't have any better diagnostics than that -- makes the problem pretty much impossible to troubleshoot. But, with ExceptionDescribe() (plus some instructions) the user can send me the full error message, and I can determine what the problem is.

But, by all means, remove them if you don't like them.

-SK