On 7/11/2013 4:50 PM, Scott Klement wrote:

But, DB2 integers should allow values from -2147483648 to 2147483647.
So, it will allows 10-digit numbers as long as they are less than or
equal to 2147483647. If it really only allows 9-digit numbers, it's not
a true integer!

You can define an 18B in DDS, or a BIGINT in SQL. Same limits as RPG's 20i. The 18B type doesn't support decimal places, and as far as I know you can't define 10B, 11B etc. RPG always maps 18B to 20i.

Using %DEC() of course lets yo handle up to 63 digits, but how often
does that come up?

What if you want to count most of the atoms in the universe? I think you need at least 80 digits for that but 63 gets you a good part of the way.