d pi

d t_ds ds template LikeRec(testfile1)

By the way - you don't need to rename formats in RPG you can give it the name you want in SQL off the top of my head the keyword is RCDFMT I think.

On 2013-07-03, at 4:03 PM, Robert Rogerson <rrogerson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,
I created a short program which shows my problem. I am coding a template
DS but the subfields defined (using like the file fields which are zoned)
are showing as packed. I don't know why this is happening. Can anyone
explain it?
Also, if I comment out the file and uncomment the external DS pointing to
the file all the fields are zoned as expected.

To create the test table:
CREATE TABLE MYLIB/TESTFILE1 (
"ITEM" NUMERIC(6,0) NOT NULL,
"STORE" NUMERIC(3,0) NOT NULL
)

The test program:
Hoption(*nodebugio:*srcstmt)
Ftestfile1 if e disk Rename(testfile1: testfile1r)
d pi
d*testfile1Ds e ds extname(testfile1)
d t_ds ds template
d field1 like(item)
d field2 like(store)
d myDs ds likeds(t_ds)
/free
*inlr = *on ;
Return;
/end-free

And a few lines from the compile listing which compiles with no errors.
Also, I am on V7R1:

000001=ITESTFILE1R
000002=I S 1 6 0ITEM
000003=I S 7 9 0STORE

Global Field References:
Field Attributes References (D=Defined
M=Modified)
*RNF7031 FIELD1 P(6,0) 000600D
TEMPLATE
*RNF7031 FIELD2 P(3,0) 000700D
TEMPLATE
*RNF7031 ITEM P(6,0) 000600 1000002D
*RNF7031 MYDS DS(6) 000800D
*RNF7031 STORE P(3,0) 000700 1000003D
*RNF7031 T_DS DS(6) 000500D 000800
TEMPLATE

I'm really stumped on this one and figured if anyone would know they'd be
here.

Thanks,

Robert Rogerson