Booth,

Are you getting an error? The fields in the prototype (PR) *are*
hard-wired. Also, as shown, it is not necessary to even give the fields a
name (the compiler ignores it, anyway).

The only possible error that I can see is if the field sizes in the
interface (PI) do not match the sizes defined on the prototype (PR). But we
can't see those sizes here. You may certainly use LIKE( ) to define the
field sizes here as elsewhere.

The only other thing that *may* be a problem is that the name of the program
must be GETSTR, which we can't see from this.

So, again, why do you think you're missing something?

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
When A.G. Bell tried to sell his patent to Western Union, he was turned down
with the words: "This electrical toy has far too many shortcomings to ever
be considered a practical means of communication." -EUI