John,

You might want to look at the open source Soap UI http://www.soapui.org/ which helped me tremendously in interacting with a web service and getting it to work correctly. Once you get all the syntax the way you want it then you can implement in your program. You can put in the URL of a site providing web services via SOAP and it will download all the syntax they are expecting for each message they accept for you.

One of the Other Scotts :)

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Allen
Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2013 1:44 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)'
Subject: RE: Attempting to learn Web Services (by example)

Scott,

I have looked at this web page and all the links Unfortunately I am new at this web services stuff (trying to learn by using your example program LOCWEATH)

So I did go to this web page and looked at all the links and it doesn't help me the newbie.

I changed what I though needed to be changed but I get the same error :( Can you tell me what line or lines in your program LOCWEATH would need to be changed and what they need to be changed to?

Once I get the program working then I think I can play around with it and learn better (I prefer learn by example
method)

Thanks in advance for all your help