Nick

Thanks for the links - I'm looking at alternatives for generating XML files. I've started working on the SQL XML Programming book at version 7, and plan on looking at the XML Extenders stuff. The tutorial in the former is OK but hasn't yet addressed my questions. I want to create files from existing data in our tables. I think I'm seeing things like XMLELEMENT, etc., that might do the trick.

I do know that I can use CGIDEV2 for this - we know what the other end needs as the layout of the XML.

So I will definitely study these - anything I get here will have future benefit, as well as now.

Vern