Wait a minute. I'm not sure this error makes sense. The error is
000001=OINVMAS

*---------------------------------------------------------------------
* RPG record format . . . . :
INVMAS
* External format . . . . . : INVMAS :
QS36F/INVMASP

*---------------------------------------------------------------------
000002=O IVITM# 6S ZONE
6,0
.
.
.
000020=O IVUL$ 63P PACK 7,2
*RNF3316 30 014100 The item has already been defined on a
Definition
Specification; specification is ignored.
000021=O IVZCOD 64A CHAR 1
.
.
.
000027=O IVLN$ 85P PACK
7,2
*RNF3316 30 014200 The item has already been defined on a
Definition
Specification; specification is
ignored.
000028=O IVDTQT 90S ZONE
5,0
Line 141, 142 reads

014000 C*
014100 C *like define ivul$ cost
014200 C *like define ivln$ landed
014300 C*

So my understanding is that variable cost is being defined like field
ivul$. From the manual "Define a field based on the attributes (length
and decimal positions) of another field". So ivul$ must be previously
defined. Does it make sense to be throwing the error?

Rob