From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vidal, Peter
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 9:19 AM
To: Midrange - RPG (rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: Additional indicators in a PRTF

I have the need to NOT to print some headers in a PRTF. Currently, they are like this:

A 41
AO 35 19 23' Description'
A N41N35 19 23'Employee / Lic#-Supply / Descripti-
A on'

The goal is that, under a specific condition, I cannot allow these headers to print: sound straight forward and simple so far. The issue is that there are other headers and fields that are controlled by the use of these indicators. If I try to manipulate these indicators in the RPG to turn on indicators 41 and 35, I may have stopped the printing of these headers but I will be generating unpredictable results with the other headers and fields that are part of this record format.

Due to this challenge, I started to think about some information I believe I read before about how to define additional "custom" indicators for a PRTF or DSPF (I can't remember really) once you use them all on the RPG program (From 01-99)... or something like that.

Am I dreaming or is this feasible? If so, can you give me some guidance, a link or something, to get some info about this?

Thanks in advance,
Peter Vidal