Without seeing the code, I'm not going to be able to help much more. But
I would take Charles warning to heart.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Nisha Ramesh <n4nisha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am calling it from a rpgle program.
On Jan 31, 2013 11:42 PM, "Michael Schutte" <mschutte369@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Shouldn't matter. How are you calling the program? From a CL, RPG,
RPGLE,
SQL Stored Procedure?

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Nisha Ramesh <n4nisha@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I am clearing the field as soon as the control comes into the program.
And
i have checked the field value in debug and it appears as blanks too.
Does
it makes any difference clearing the field immedialy before fetch and
clearing it when control comes in? As i am not in front of pc now i
cannot
try now.
On Jan 31, 2013 6:46 PM, "Michael Schutte" <mschutte369@xxxxxxxxx>