From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jeff Young
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:05 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: Reminiscing was: Indicating Total Time in Free Form when

Yes,
The 029 what the 80 col card punch.
What a trip down memory lane. :)

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That is why the first 5 columns are for the line number, and why the
line numbers increment by 10. A dropped deck could be run through the
sorter. New lines of code be added by punching a line number in
between the 10s so that a whole new deck didn't have to be key punched.

Was that key punch machine a 029? That seems familiar.