I tried that with and without the QUALIFIED. Still receiving the same error.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Scott Mildenberger <
SMildenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not sure on your error but what if you make the data structure and array
instead of a MODS, just add the dim statement in place of the occurs.
Can't remember off-hand if you need the qualified also.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 11:26 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Best approach for Embedded SQL SELECT in V7R1

Ok..based on the suggestions, I tried the MODS approach. I'm getting
this
error:

SQL5011: Position 45 Host structure array WKINVMSTP not defined or not
usable.

On this statement:

Exec Sql
Fetch C1 For :Maxrows Rows Into :Wkinvmstp;

Where WkInvMstp is defined like this:

D WkInvmstp E DS EXTNAME(INVMSTP)
D Occurs(cMaxRows)

Are externally defined DS'es not valid for a FETCH statement. I didn't
see an externally described DS in any of the suggestions. Would I be
better off with an array? Could I reference an externally described DS
with that?

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Scott Mildenberger <