Hi Gary

Your hexvalue and charvalue in the prototype need to be switched. First parameter is the output and needs to be double the length of the second one.

Of course, when you're working with less than max length, it should work, by accident, maybe.

It might be that the second parameter should not be const - can't remember. I know it seems it is not modified, but I've seen places where that doesn't matter - still can't be const.

Annother thought - when you display charvalue in STRDBG with :x, put a length after it - say, 256 - see what else is out there.

HTH
Vern