Glad it worked out!

On 8/1/2012 8:10 PM, jfranz46 wrote:
Scott,

Expat (from your site) working fine. The actual xml was far more complicated
than my example (and office has rules about describing anything
identifiable),
but Expat giving me control where i need it in the parsing process.
Jim Franz

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Klement" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i / System i" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: current state of xml-into v6r1

Hi Jim,

LOL! Define "normal". XML documents are all over the place... some
fit into a nice neat little structure, similar to database records...
but some are radically different.

I would suggest either using XML-SAX (built-in to RPG as of V5R4) or
Expat. Expat works better with namespaces, and is somewhat more
versatile. But XML-SAX doesn't require any extra software, and in some
circumstances is easier to code (especially with regard to attributes.)

Good luck