I would like to thank the Midrange community for all the terrific assistance on this topic - there were many ideas put forward that I had not considered. Some folk also offered assistance outside of the list and for that I thank you all. It can be tough to brainstorm these kinds of things when there are only two of you!

One thing that was particularly useful for me was discovering that Environment variables can be inherited by a submitted job. Don't know how I came to miss that - guess I just never had the need. It does seem odd though that this inheritance is not the default.

I am going to leave it up to the client which approach we end up using, they are after all paying the bill. But the conversation has given me some terrific ideas for when we rebuild the app. The sheer scale of the more comprehensive solutions has also helped to accelerate the timeframe for doing the rewrite in that we don't really want to spend a bunch of $ on something we are going to be throwing away.

Do we have a great community or what ...

Thanks again to all.

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com