WEB400 is maybe a better list but....

Sounds like Apache might not be configured to recognize the link as a
CGI program, thus it downloads it as if it was any other resource.

I forget the details (again WEB400) but there's a
<something>Executable<something> line(s) that go into the Apache
config file to tell Apache that the link represents a CGI program..

HTH,
Charles