My apologies. Sometime I believe you will know what I'm talking about.

Let's say on one screen there's a field called STORE. Press F4 on the
field, it will call a procedure StorePrompt in the Prompt service program.
Lets say the the screen also has Status. Press F4 to call a procedure
called StatusPrompt.

/free
store = StorePrompt();
status = StatusPrompt();
/end-free

Both prompts would display a list in a window.

Would you suggest putting these in the same service program called
PROMPTS? StorePrompt and StatusPrompt are not related to each other than
they are both fields where you can press F4 and display a list. Or would
you suggest against service programs all together and just use RPG
sub-proprgram calls?

What if I eventually have 150 procedures that could use any number of
different files.