OK, for all interested parties...I have an answer, of sorts...

Sorry it took so long to check this but it takes freakin' forever to build
that access path each time! I guess I should have used an existing path
just for testing this but oh well...

Anyway...I got this to work by taking the first Select off of the LF:

A CODEV I SST(DOCODE 1 2)
A K RRAKCN
A K RRAKYR
A K RRAKTY
A K RRAKNO
A*** S STATUS COMP(NE 'X')
A S CODEV COMP(EQ 'EV')

I need that first select on there though so I guess I need to figure
out/read the manual would probably work :-) , how to AND those two Selects.

Man, this has been a real challenge for me! I barely write any RPG code any
more and DDS...forget it!

I'd forgotten how much I used to know!