I have a socket client at www.think400.dk/downloads.htm that make it
just Open, read, write, close. If you were needing to send something
and then get something back it might work fine. Easy enough to write
socket server on the C# or VB side.

I basing this on you discussion of something going out and something
coming back. Are these occurring one after another or at different
times of the day. On a certain schedule?