Code changes from PTFs to old releases typically will become part of the base release of the OS in later releases; in the source that is recompiled for the new release, not as applied PTFs. As I recall, the changes for those Record Format Level Identifier differences, for which APARs were opened against V5R3 and V5R4, were part of the base OS IBM i 6.1 [v6r1]. I believe one later nuance may have had an additional APAR and PTF in v6r1; though presumably such a fix also would have been in the base of v7r1.

Regardless of similarity to or even by the exact same origin to, an APAR in v5r3, a problem which exists in v7r1 [IBM i 7.1] is a separate problem... if even there is a problem. Sometimes what is perceived as identical between DDS and SQL DDL are in fact legitimate differences. Not knowing the DDS and the DDL prevents any informed and legitimate comment about the specific situation; i.e. likely any feedback could only be a WAG, without the sources.

Also FWiW, the Level Check feature of the Data Management is not specific to the RPG.

Regards, Chuck