From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Robert Rogerson
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 11:06 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Clear record format clearing parameter as well...

Hi all,

I have a subprocedure to create an order header record.
P CreateFlexOrderHeader...
P b
d CreateFlexOrderHeader...
d pi n
d p_FONumber like(ord#) const
d p_BatchIdRec likeds(batchIdRecTemplate)
const

* Local variables

/free
Clear foordhd;
.
.
.
/end-free

P CreateFlexOrderHeader...
P e

When I put the program in debug a break just before the CLEAR FOORDHD
statement the p_FONumber parameter (a new order number) and p_BatchIdRec
(a record used to build a new order record) both have (correct) values.

When I issue the Clear foordhd statement (foordhd is the record format in
the file which I am building a new record for) the value for po_FONumber
is being set to 0 while p_BatchIdRec remains unchanged.

Can someone tell me why p_FONumber being changed?

Thanks,

Robert Rogerson
http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.

-----