... assumed we are working with CLOSQLCSR = *ENDMOD:

1) In a Main Module ==> A Cursor is opened within a Sub-Routine (BEGSR).
Will the cursor be closed after exiting the sub-routine?
A subroutine is not a procedure and always run in the same module as the
(main) procedure to which it belongs to.
The module is not left when calling a subroutine nor will it be left when
the subroutine ends.
It will be left as soon as your main procedure ends.
ODP gets deleted when the main procedure ends.

2) In a Main Module ==> A Cursor is opened within a Sub-Procedure. Will the

cursor be closed after exiting the sub-procedure?
Because the sub-procedure runs in the same module, the module is not left
when calling the procedure.
The module will be left as soon as your main procedure ends.
ODP gets deleted when the main procedure ends.

3) In a Main Module ==> A Cursor is opened within a Sub-Routine (BEGSR) or
Sub-Procedure. Will the cursor be closed after exiting the program with
*LR=*OFF?
*LR does not influence SQL at all! *LR is part of the RPG cycle.
In this way your cursor gets closed as soon as your main procedure ends.
ODP gets deleted when the main procedure ends.

4) In a Non-Main Module ==> A Cursor is opened within an exported
Sub-Procedure. Will the cursor be closed after exiting the sub-procedure?
If the exported procedure is called from a different module, the ODP will be
deleted as soon as the procedure is left.
If the exported procedure is called from a procedure within the same module,
the ODP will be closed as soon as the caller procedure ends.

5) In a Non-Main Module ==> A Cursor is opened within a non-exported
Sub-Procedure. Will the cursor be closed after exiting the sub-procedure?
Because the procedure is located within the same module, the ODP will be
deleted as soon as the caller procedure leaves the module

6) In a service program ==> A Cursor is opened within an exported
Sub-Procedure. Will the cursor be closed after exiting the sub-procedure?
In a service program modules are bound either! Same situation as 4.

7) In a service program ==> A Cursor is opened within a non-exported
Sub-Procedure. Will the cursor be closed after exiting the sub-procedure?
See 5 and 6.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)