Hi,

Thank your for the answers, but I would also like to hear your opinion on
this:

I have been making EDIFACT solutions for about 20 years now and what I hear
more and

more often is “can’t you give us an XML format instead?”. Besides that I
also experience

that EDIFACT is hard to handle in typical small shops and requires heavy
investment

in tools and education.

I know there are several XML/EDIFACT standards out there, but most standards
is either

very big, very hard to understand and/or requires extensive mapping.

Also my customers i reluctant to introduce another format in their B2B
communication

because of the expense.

So I have created a lightweight XML format X/EDIFACT that requires

· * Minimal change of existing documentation (by inserting XID’s)

· * No mapping, converts any EDIFACT version from/to XML
automatically

· * No programming in existing EDIFACT environments.

· * VAN is not necessarily needed, communication between partners
can be FTP or WEB services

· * One tool at 595USD

Since ASC X12 is very technical similar to EDIFACT I could do the same tools
to this format.

The X/EDIFACT format is simple, and is built on a segment(S) having an id
(like NAD) in EDIFACT

a group no.(G) and a field no.(F) within the group so the XML XID is
constructed by SSSG_F so

the second field in the third group in a NAD segment will have a XID =
NAD3_2 and in

XML will be <NAD3_2>value</NAD3_2>

The X/EDIFACT tool is built on top of powerEXT Core that are FREE software
and programming

It in RPGLE is simple:

setContent('*none');

xmlFromStmf('/a_X_EDIFACT.xml');