On 18 October 2011 15:44, Timothy Adair <tadair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In an RPG pgm, I want to temporarily pop up a small window and then have it
go away with no user interaction.  It's a subfile inquiry program and the
subfile takes about 5-10 seconds to load.  I want to pop up a window that
says "LOADING..." during this 5-10 seconds.  If I do a WRITE it doesn't show
up until the next EXFMT.  If instead I do an EXFMT, it waits until the user
presses Enter and then takes 5-10 seconds to load the sfl.

I tried the KEEP keyword and it seems to make no difference.

SNDPGMMSG is not really an option, as I want a window to pop up in the
middle of the screen.

Any ideas?  Am I missing something obvious?

As always, I welcome any and all responses.

I use a progress meter for for delays like these. Not quite the same
as a pop up window, but more informative (and quite visual if you opt
for a colour bar). Code & screenshots at
http://www.dbg400.net/foswiki/bin/view/DBG400
You can see some more screen shots of it in action at
http://www.dbg400.net/foswiki/bin/view/DBG400/WrkUsrOutQ

Regards, Martin