Rob,

Using STRDBG (5250) and V5R3 I didn't get any particular error. PTF check
time, perhaps?

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:53 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Weird. Stopped at line 14 in debug.
*MODULE ENTRY AND MAIN PROCEDURE ENTRY
1 d string s 52a varying
2
3 /free
4 *inlr=*on;
5 string = x'0515' + 'abc';
6 // or
7 // string = x'4015' + 'abc';
8
9 // dosn't work (but works if x'4040' + 'abc')
10 if string > '';
11 dsply 'hello 1';
12 endif;
13 if string < '';
14 dsply 'hello 1B';

eval string :x
00050515 81828300 00000000 00000000 - ....abc.........

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko
Dept 1600

Is it me that has misunderstood something or what would you expect
displayed from this code:

d string s 52a varying

string = x'0515' + 'abc';
or
string = x'4015' + 'abc';

// dosn't work (but works if x'4040' + 'abc')
if string > '';
dsply 'hello 1';
endif;

// works