The way I do it, is to use the copybooks in QSYSINC/QRPGLESRC. (QSYSINC/QRPGLESRC.QUSLOBJ in this case). Some people don't like the names included therein but it's a standard with which I can easily live. :)

Use pointers in your programs, rather than moving data around.

I think I have an example of this at http://www.lovelady.com somewhere. If not, I'll throw one together for you.

++
Dennis
++
There are very few personal problems that can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Sent from my Galaxy tablet phone. Please excuse my brevity.
For any grammatic/spelling errors, there is no excuse.
++

"Jack Tucky" <jacktucky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I downloaded an example program for reading objects using QUSLOBJ. It
works fine.

<http://www.code400.com/forum/showthread.php/9493-QUSLOBJ-example-in-free-fo
rmat>
http://www.code400.com/forum/showthread.php/9493-QUSLOBJ-example-in-free-for
mat

It has a FOR loop that moves the user space into a DS one object at a
time.

What's the best way to let other RPG programs use this program to get a
list
of objects? Should I return the user space name and define the DS in
my
calling program?

I'd really like to do this the cool latest way.

Thanks

Jack

list