Generally speaking, it is very unusual to have a null value appears anyway
in a RPG variable, especially in the element of a array. Even if it does,
the programmer that created that program is likely to understand it's effect
and will aviod using this type of coding. So, the code I provided is quite
safe (I think). But this type of on-line wonder coding could become hard
for others to understand. So, yes, I myself will go with the DS method
also.