On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 12:12:06 -0500, Joe Pluta wrote:
and that I have to choose between speed and memory usage. I suppose I
can share a single user space among multiple jobs. Or a user index,
perhaps? I always wonder about those sorts of objects, though, since
every request requires a fully qualified object name. How often do
those get resolved?
Joe,

The get pointer to user space API lets you use the data in the space
object as though it were internal data. I think the user index works the
same way, but I haven't needed to use it for so long, I'm not sure
anymore. You resolve the pointer once at program startup, and that's it.