But the to and the your...flying into space...

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 6:00 AM, Norm Dennis <nhdennis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Michael, Michael, Michael ... "there grammar"?

... their grammar ;-)

Yes, Simon is definitely missed but at least lives on in the archives.

Norm Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Sunday, 3 July 2011 12:28 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Copybooking PRs (and searching the archives)

Well, you can't be to careful when your talking about there grammar.

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Dennis Lovelady <iseries@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I found this, but it's from 2002 and is directed to a Mike, rather
than a Dave.  He makes valid points here...

http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/200204/msg00908.html

Gads, I miss Simon!  A gem from that post that bears repetition:

Second.  Your correct on this.  I just copied this from an example I
found (not that I really understood it) so this was just a typo.

(The quality of English on this list is appalling  "Your correct on this"
is syntactically incorrect.  It should be "You're correct on this".
Jeez)

(yeah, I chose only that out that big post.  Sue me.  :)

Dennis Lovelady
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with
themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon."
       -- Susan Ertz

I remember getting slammed by Simon for exposing this technique
(which I still use), maybe 4 years ago. I haven't been able to find
it in the archives. I notice you can no longer sort the archive
search results on time ascending. Also, when I click on next or