Modern languages.

We write RPG around here and the same logic is in 20 places in 20 different
versions with no validation or anything else.

Java guys create a class that encapsulates business logic and if they need
to change, they change one place.

It is just too expensive to continue to pay RPG programmers to create
monolith code. The cost to maintain is a fortune. AS/400 programmers are
killing themselves because they won't change. ILE has been around for over
20 years (I started writing in V6R1) and free for over 10 years and what is
the percentage of people using? 1%, 5% maybe. (And that does not mean
writing RPG III in RPG IV).