I am trying to write an RPGLE program that becomes multi threaded by
starting new threads via pthread_create. I understand the concepts of multi
threading and the problems with static storage in RPG (I think). I just
can't get my program to work. After finally getting it to compile, whenever
I run it I get the error message - Pointer type not valid for requested
operation. This error occurs on the call to the pthread_create API.

I can post the code if it helps, but if I could see a simple example I think
I would be OK.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Close
Technical Director | Utilities 400 Limited
Phone: +44 (0) 1204 388 883 | Direct Dial: +44 (0) 1204 548441 | Mobile: +44
(0) 7900 168670

Email: <mailto:anicholson@xxxxxxxxxx> sclose@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: <http://www.uti400.com> www.uti400.com

_____

This message and any attachments may contain information that is privileged
and/or confidential and is the property of Utilities 400 Limited. It is
intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not authorised to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message and
any attachments or any part thereof. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any
attachments from your system. Opinions expressed in this email are those of
the sender and not necessarily the company.

Utilities 400 Limited, Churchgate House, Churchgate, Bolton BL1 1HS

Registered in England. Registration Number 04033889