I've seen this. Usually but not always it has something to do with /IF... Compiler directives, since the precompiler doesn't support them (at least at V5R3). Basically, the precompiler cannot figure out the appropriate point at which to insert its code, so it doesn't.

The archives have further details on this. I think it was either Simon Coulter or CRPence who set me straight on this.

"Kurt Anderson" <kurt.anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm guessing that I'm missing something very obvious here, but I can't
figure out why my SQLRPGLE program won't compile. It appears to be
missing the SQLCA, but I don't know why.

Source type is SQLRPGLE.
I'm taking option 14 from PDM.
The SQL pre-compiler runs successfully (after fixing a couple bugs it
complained about).
However, the regular compiler is failing because it is claiming that
all of the SQL* fields that the pre-compiler inserted are all
undefined.

*RNF7030 SQL_00000 **UNDEF** 6039M
*RNF7030 SQL_00003 **UNDEF** 6040
*RNF7030 SQL_00005 **UNDEF** 6035M
*RNF7030 SQL_00006 **UNDEF** 6041
*RNF7030 SQL_00007 **UNDEF** 6042
*RNF7030 SQLCA **UNDEF** 6038M
*RNF7030 SQLER6 **UNDEF** 6036M
*RNF7030 SQLROUTE **UNDEF** 6037
*RNF7030 SQLSTATE **UNDEF** 6047

I've never encountered this before.

The only SQL in this program:
Exec SQL Set Option DatFmt = *ISO, TimFmt = *ISO,
Commit = *none, CloSQLCsr = *endactgrp;
And:
exec sql select Dst, RRN(a) into :Dst, :RRN
from AstFmtCP a
where Channel Like :KeyVal;

If %subst( SqlState: 1: 2 ) >= '02';

(I also tried, to no success):
Exec SQL Set Option SQLCA = *Yes, DatFmt = *ISO, TimFmt = *ISO,
Commit = *none, CloSQLCsr = *endactgrp;

We have plenty of SQLRPGLE programs and I've never encountered this
before.

Any ideas?

This is on v6.1

Thanks,