Hi,

I'm introducing Varying(4) into my programs as I need to handle more data, but I'm experiencing something strange.

I have a procedure that accepts a Varying(4) which is defined with the Const keyword. If I now call this procedure, passing a normal Varying... the first two bytes of the string itself are dumped in position 3 and 4 of the Varying(4) field ? See dump data below, ie. the "He" or x'C885' gets into byte 3 and 4 ?

Shouldn't "Const" not solve this issue ?

Example:

H DftActGrp(*No) ActGrp(*Caller)

DMyProc PR 100 Varying(4)
D Var4 100 Varying(4) Const

Ds S 100 Varying

/free
s = 'Hello world.';
s = MyProc(s);

*INLR = *On;
Return;
/end-free
**********************************
* MyProc *
**********************************
PMyProc B Export

DMyProc PI 100 Varying(4)

D Var4 100 Varying(4) Const
* Main *
/free

// Dump 000CC885 93939640 A6969993 844B0000 - ..Hello world...
Return Var4;
/end-free
P E