1. She is afraid to leave her comfort zone. ILE is viewed as
frightening.

2. She doesn't want to learn D-specs. She is very comfortable with
I-specs.

3. Field sizes can be larger. They don't have to have starting and
ending entries only the length and data type.

4. Field names can be longer. This makes internal documentation a bit
clearer.

4. Pointers to user spaces are supported. This can really speed things
up.

5. ILE is "extensible". For example, you can bind in C functions to
verify an email address is formatted correctly via REGEX.

Or you can write your own functions that can be called recursively
without abnormally ending the program.

6. RPG/400 does not support BIFs. %TRIMx() and %LEN() are very handy
when handling strings.

7. API usage is much easier.

8. Internal documentation can be made clearer. A subroutine named
SendAnErrorMessageToTheUser says a lot more than SAEMTTU.

9. There are numerous ways to solve a problem.

10. As a JDE shop you may one day end up an Oracle shop. Better get
used to a language that uses a ; to end a statement.

Gary