Thanks Gary (and Booth)

That sorted it out for me.

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.asaap.com
www.opensource4i.com

On 2/17/2011 3:29 PM, Monnier, Gary wrote:
Have you tried writing a blank record to the subfile?

You can also write a "No Records Found" record format overtop the
subfile display area. Here's a broad example.

Display file record format NRCDFMT overlays the screen area where
subfile records would be displayed.

A R NRCDFMT
A OVERLAY
A 15 19'No Records Found'
A DSPATR(HI)

Code snippet...

// rrnInSfl is incremented each time a record is written to the subfile

D rrnInSFL S 4S 0 like(SFRRN)

/free
.
.
.
if (rrnInSFL<= 0); // No entires to display
write(E) NRCDFMT; // No entries found record
endif;

write(E) FUNCTNKEY; // Function keys record

write(E) ERRMSGSFLC; // Put messages to the screen

exfmt SUBFILECTL; // Subfile control record
.
.
.
/end-free

Writing the NRCDFMT assumes the SFLDSP keyword is not active.

Hope this helps

Gary Monnier