Its funny you mention VBScripting Richard. I went out on the glorious
Google today to see if I could get a better understanding of the Dynamic
Vs. Static type argument from the programming community at large. And the
one thing that I read is that VBScript was such a bad language that it
shouldn't be counted in the argument :D haha.

I personally think that Dynamic vs Static is a bogus argument. They each
have thier place. Meta style languages that are to be more expressive
will use dynamic typing. That is what its good for and that is where it
thrives. The big resurrgence in dynamic typing in the wilderness can be
attributed to the rise of Ruby on Rails. From what I can tell, static
typing is preferred over dynamic typing "in general", as a feature
comparison goes. But when put into the proper context of a project, you
need to use the best tool for the job. Period.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

Richard Schoen <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/05/2011 10:52 AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Jon Paris says that PHP not Easier to Learn than Java

I have to say I found this entire discourse a little humorous.

Especially the part where Aaron supposedly quit the forums. He'll be back
:-)

On the topic of strongly typed languages though I do have to say as a Java
and .Net developer I have come to really like the strong typing.

I had to do some VBScripting last week and while variants are easy to use,
they are a pain when you want to enforce data typing. I spent a day
debugging a process that should have taken an hour.

I think bottom line is you use what you're most comfortable with for a
development language.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800