To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kurt Anderson
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11/11/2010 03:07PM
Subject: RE: More on global declarations in RPG IV

So it sounds like an important piece of information to gather from this thread is that if you are converting a program to have the MAIN H-spec, leave the *INLR = *On; line in the program so variables are initialized as they always have been (for the life of said program).

I'm glad this thread was brought up, it has got me thinking and I've identified some programs that get called thousands of times in an activation group.

Thanks,
Kurt