John

What is the /COPYBOOK statement? I've never seen that in RPG. There are /COPY and /INCLUDE, so far as I know.

I am not sure about expand things - when I have /copy and /include in my source, in debug, with F15, I get these options -

: Select View :
: :
: Current View . . . : DB2/400 SQL Root Source View :
: :
: Type option, press Enter. :
: 1=Select :
: :
: Opt View :
: DB2/400 SQL Root Source View :
: DB2/400 SQL Include View :
: DB2/400 SQL Output View :
: ILE RPG Listing View :
: ILE RPG Copy View :
: :
: :
: :
: Bottom :
: F12=Cancel :
: :
:............................................................................:

The options available depend on the options you set at compile time of the module or program, right?

I'm doing this on the system where the source lives. Root source view doesn't expand anything - as here

/Copy RJSCOMMON,RJSLIBLH
/include qrpglesrc,docutilh
/include qrpglesrc,docsqlselh

The SQL Include view - interesting - doesn't expand "includes" - EGAD! Talk about confusion of terminology - see this from the same source -

/include qrpglesrc,docutilh
/include qrpglesrc,docsqlselh

In the above, the /copy WAS expanded. Now this is SQL, not standard RPG. SQL Output View also does not expand the /includes.

The RPG Listing view DOES expand everything that I specified - I use *ALL for DBGVIEW all the time.

411 410 /include qrpglesrc,docutilh
412 411+ /if not defined(C_DOCUTILH)
413 412+ /define C_DOCUTILH
414 413+ /else
415 414+ /endif
416 415+ //*********************************************
417 416+ // Module: DOCUTILH
418 417+ // PURPOSE: Utility routines for WebDocs
419 418+ // DATE: 11/09/07

The RPG Copy view DID expand everything, including /include - it does not have the /copy or /include directives, so it is the complete result of putting in the include members.

D QCmdCmd S 512 INZ
D QCmdLength S 15 5 INZ(%size(QCmdCmd))
v314 /if not defined(C_DOCUTILH)
v314 /define C_DOCUTILH
v314 /else
v314 /eof
v314 /endif
// Module: DOCUTILH
// PURPOSE: Utility routines for WebDocs

Everything is there - notice that the /include is not.

All or any of these should also be available in the RD* debugger, again, depending on compile options.

HTH
Vern