Rick

I'm wondering why you are using an MI instruction - the access() function does the job very well for anything you can use a path name for. Put in the path, use a zero for test (passed by value) and if you get a zero back, the object exists. Something like that.

Of course, if you are just playing!! :-)

HTH
Vern