Hi, Bernd:

UIM would be the method of choice for this. But if you're stuck with DDS,
then you can define multiple SFL/SFLCTL combinations, each with differing
fields for display (and the others presumably hidden). Each time you write
a record to one subfile, you also write to the other(s). A function key
would swap between formats in some progressive sequence.

For Query, I am not sure. Any printed output may be displayed and scrolled
left/right with function keys.

Dennis Lovelady
Foreign Aid - a tax placed on poor people in rich countries for the benefit
of rich people in poor countries.

I got to display a lot of information in a 132-character-subfile and
SFLFOLD/SFLDROP isn't the technique of choice.

I wonder if it is possible to get an output similar to that, when I use
Query/400, where I can "left/right scroll" via function keys and have
complete control on the displayed data.

Is this also possible with a DDS described DSPF and RGP? If there are
any examples, of course this would be very helpful.