I want to thank everyone that took the time to submit a solution. It is
not as a trivial statement that I thought it would be.

This is the solution I ended up using (thanks Charles):

SELECT * FROM MYFILE A
WHERE EXISTS(
SELECT count(distinct vendor) FROM MYFILE B
WHERE A.ITEM = B.ITEM
HAVING COUNT(distinct vendor) > 1 )

After modifying it for my database and other needs (that were
extraneoous to the original question).

SELECT fjcmpn, fjitmn, fjvinb FROM fjitmbp A
WHERE a.fjdivn = ' 1' and a.fjdptn = ' 1' and a.fjwhsn = ' 1' and
a.fjarcd <> 'D' and
a.fjcmpn in (select DISTINCT facmpn
from FACONTL0
where fazha1 = 'Y') and
EXISTS(
SELECT count(distinct fjvinb) FROM fjitmbp B
WHERE A.fjitmn = B.fjitmn and
b.fjdivn = ' 1' and b.fjdptn = ' 1' and b.fjwhsn = ' 1' and
b.fjarcd <> 'D' and
b.fjcmpn in (select DISTINCT facmpn
from FACONTL0
where fazha1 = 'Y')