From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 10:25 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: First pure SQL program not running.

If this is the whole program...

Then you've placed the code in a sub routine, (BEGSR) which means that
the mainline is empty...which means the program starts and never does
anything...

Are you learning RPG in addition to SQL?

Note that this isn't "pure SQL", this is RPG with embedded SQL.

"pure SQL" would be using SQL only

create procedure MyProc
language SQL
reads SQL data

begin
declare cursor C1 for
SELECT B2OEMN FROM CMALIB/MBB2CP99;

open C1;
end;

HTH,

Charles

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Bob Anderson