I think that putting this..

if ( 1=1
and myvar = myvar2
and myvar3 = myvar4
)

This all becomes moot when you add even one complexity to the expression:
if ( 1=1
and myvar = myvar2
or (condtion2
and myvar3 = myvar4
)
)

Et cetera. My thinking is that if we spend more time in making sure the
statement is readable and less time worrying about how many keystrokes the
next maintenance (which we cannot predict anyway) will require, I believe
all will be happier.

I promise you that no matter how much setup you do for this so the next
maintenance is "easy," some unforeseen rule combination will come along and
destroy all your hard-worked plans.

Dennis Lovelady
"More than half (55 percent) of women undergraduates are female."
-- About Women on Campus, newsletter published by the National
Association for Women in Education