Robert,

I am confused. I think you repeated the statement I quoted from the manual.

What are you trying to say? My apologies if I am being obtuse.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Rogerson" <rogersonra@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the IBM i / System i" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: Setll and Reade not working as esxpected....

Hi John, I'm not sure that's quit correct. From the manual

*"The resulting indicators reflect the status of the operation. You can
specify an
indicator in positions 71-72 that is set on when the search argument is
greater than
the highest key or relative record number in the file. This information can
also be
obtained from the %FOUND built-in function, which returns ’0’ if no record
is
found, and ’1’ if a record is found."

*I was testing %Equal() to an exact match...
*
"You can specify an indicator in positions 75-76 that is set on when a
record is
present whose key or relative record number is equal to the search argument.
This
information can also be obtained from the %EQUAL built-in function, which
returns ’1’ if an exact match is found."

*Rob