Hi Timothy
because you are "letting the SFL handle the paging" I am assuming you are
doing a load all subfile
I am almost 100% positive that what you are requesting is NOT feasible as
your program will not know when the page-up or page-down button is pressed.
However, if you do a page at a time sub file YOU control what happens with
Page UP and Page Down being pressed

PLEASE NOTE - the phrase "almost 100% positive" has been known to make me
look stupid (big time) in the past. Just ask my wife

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

"Timothy Adair"
<tadair@prairiefa
rms.com> To
Sent by: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
rpg400-l-bounces@ cc
midrange.com
Subject
Position SFL at first empty record
05/28/2010 03:47 on each page
PM

Please respond to
RPG programming
on the IBM i /
System i
<rpg400-l@midrang
e.com>

I have an RPG program with an input-capable subfile. I want to position
the
cursor on the first empty record of each page as the user pages through the

subfile. I tried SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR) but that didn't work. SFLCSRRRN
returns
the relative record number of the record on which the cursor is located
within a subfile, but I want to position it, not to get the current
position.

I'm letting the SFL handle the paging.

Am I missing something obvious? Surely ("don't ever call me Shirley") I'm
not the first poor slob to have to do this.

Any thoughts?

TA