What does the quoted message have to do with RPG?

An index build at what run priority? How much CPU is the job using? The only /problem/ with duplicating such an LF is typically only from poor planning, either for limits or for performance. Is the approximately 192GB available for the final storage of the created logical file, along with significant temporary storage and a good amount of memory available for the index build activity? Is all other work running at a lower priority to avoid stealing CPU from the index rebuild? What was the index rebuild capabilities established within the job before the CRTDUPOBJ request was started; i.e. per QQRYDEGREE or a QRYDEGREE from a CHGQRYA [or if available, as established from a default in the discouraged QAQQINI in QUSRSYS]? To check the status of the index build, dump the LIC Index object associated with the dataspace index object, and review the index entries count; repeat again each minute over several minutes to gauge a rate to predict when the request might finish if not impacted by higher priority work.

Regards, Chuck