All,

Nice to see the discussion is still going on. Birgitta, I did not expect you to have such problems also.

Just finished with a team meeting on parameter naming among other things!

Here's a procedure name :

AcqGrtGidOut

Here's one of it's parameters declared on a data dictionary field, ALTNU, so it's name is coded as AnAltNu. <An> because it begins with a vowel.

As it is a subfield of a DS, it's program name is :

AnAcqGrtGidOut.AnAltNu - obviously a parameter used for output.

This is what I managed to negociate :
OAcqGrtGid.AltNu

ie, I/O + procedure name + data dictionary name.

Not much, I admit <sniff>.

Thanks to Simon Coulter, I was able to show why we used <An> before a vowel, and how ridiculous that was given that our names are in French. Pity I did not find much concrete examples other than Larry's RateEffectiveDate which I read too late. I've never worked in another RPG shop before and with the rest of the team seemingly not bothered, well, no use in banging my head against a wall.

Thanks anyway.