BINGO!

Thank you Alan!

Your technique of defining it as a 120-long alpha field first was exactly the piece I was missing.

You can't overlay an array with an array, but you CAN overlay an alpha field with multiple arrays.

Problem solved!

Thank you to everyone who took a whack at this one. I really appreciate all those who are willing to help when my main turns to brush (spoonerism). And thank you David for putting up with us, warts and all.

Timothy Adair, KA9JFW
Prairie Farms Dairy

"If Pro is the opposite of Con, what's the opposite of Progress?"