I think you would better to write you reuseful module for this kind of function...

From: "krunal Asodiya"<krunal02@xxxxxxxxx>;
Date: Mon, Apr 19, 2010 07:57 PM
To: "RPG400-L"<RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>;

Subject: Add duration in CL program

Dear All,

I want to add duration in date field by using a command in CL program , I
had search on various site and found a command ADDDATE(found below example
as well) , but some how this command is not found in our server , which
version is V5R4.

Example :

DCL VAR(&DATE) TYPE(*Char) Len(6)
RTVSYSVAL SYSVAL(QDATE) RTNVAR(&DATE)
ADDDATE DAYS(10) TOVAR(&DATE) TOVARFMT(*SYSVAL) +
DATEFMT(*SYSVAL)
ENDPGM

I want to know, is ADDDATE command exist in AS/400 or not? ,

And if yes , then which version support this command ?, is their any
alternate way to add duration in a date Field ?

Thanks and regards,

Krunal Asodiya.