And here is a little more advanced of the same ;-)

regards
Henrik

* Declare Internal Variables
d numField s 15s 7 inz(-123446.5120000)
d result s 42 varying

d GetRidOfDec pr 42a varying
d thisCurSymbl 3a const varying
d thisNumField 30s 9 const
d thisDecNbr 2s 0 const

/free
result = getRidOfDec('$':numField:6);
dsply result;

*inlr = *on;

/end-free
p getRidOfDec b
d pi 42a varying
d thisCurSymbl 3a const varying
d thisNumField 30s 9 const
d ThisDecNbr 2s 0 const

d work s 100a
d numField s 30s 9
d result s 42a varying

/free

result = ThisCurSymbl;
if thisNumField >= 0;
numField = thisNumField;
else;
result = result + '-';
numField = -thisNumField;
endif;

work = %editw(numField:' 0 . ');
if thisDecNbr = 0;
result = result + %triml(%subst(work:1:21));
else;
result = result + %triml(%subst(work:1:(22+thisDecNbr)));
endif;

return result;

/end-free
p e

Rory Hewitt <rory.hewitt@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06-04-2010 19:33
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"RPG programming on the IBM i / System i" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: BIFs requiring constants = frustrating

Henrik,

You're right - you can't specify decpos. However, you can use a regular
expression using the pattern keyword to force a number of decimal places,
can't you?.

In any event, however, this is a valid XML string element:

<value>$123.450000</value>

If the program that will process the XML document expects 6 decimal
places,
it could fail if only the 2 non-zero ones are sent, depending on the code
used.

Rory